« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Drawings for Crampton "Liverpool"

ueberhitzer

Topics: 1

Replies: 1

Posted: Mon 14th Feb 2011, 9:54pm
Drawings for Crampton "Liverpool"

I'm interested in building a 7 1/4" gauge Liverpool Crampton engine. Has anyone heard about drawings or copies of original drawings except those in the lovely book "The Crampton Locomotive" from Mike Sharman? It would be superb to hear from someone who knows something about drawings etc.

Replies To This Post

simonrolfe

Topics: 0

Replies: 2

Posted: Tue 15th Feb 2011, 2:56pm

Liverpool

The LNWR society have a drawings archive at:

http://lnwrs.org.uk/DrawingServiceDocs/Loco%20Drawing%20List.pdf.

There are 2 drawings:

LOCO040 8ft 0in 6-2-0 Crampton Locomotive Side elevation Outline only 'LIVERPOOL' c1848 F
LOCO039 8ft 0in 6-2-0 Crampton Safety Locomotive Plan, Side & End elevations

Also of interest regarding research:

http://ncbaines.co.uk/Documents/Liverpool_LNWR_Journal.pdf.

Google gives 72 pages for Bury, Curtis and Kennedy (builders of Liverpool) so you might find something there.

Hope that helps,Cheers Simon Rolfe

ueberhitzer

Posted: Tue 15th Feb 2011, 8:35pm

Hi Simon
I think that will help. The document you have mentioned I found yesterday, but the LNWR drawing service seems to be interesting. I'll try to get this drawings.
The idea to look for Bury,Curtis and Kennedy is new and I will test it tomorrow. Thank you for your help, Robert

Matt

Topics: 0

Posted: Wed 21st Nov 2012, 4:09pm

I realise that this isn't the specific locomotive you are interested in, but there is a wealth of detail in the plates of this book - you should be able to get it on loan from the British Library bthrouigh your local library.
Locomotive Engineering and the Mechanism of Railways, Volume II: Sixty- Four Large Plates illustrative of The Locomotive Engine, Railway Carriages and Plant
Zerah Colburn) (D. K. Clark)

donaldcottle

Replies: 31

Posted: Thu 22nd Nov 2012, 8:29pm

A fellow club member has built one in 7.1/4" gauge. (Unfortunately I only see him about once a month). However if I see him during the next few weeks, I'll ask him where he obtained the drawings for it.

donaldcottle

Replies: 31

Posted: Mon 3rd Dec 2012, 11:12pm

Hi, I saw my fellow club member last night who confirmed he read the drawings & dimension details in a book. He then drew up sketches & calculated from there. Not much help I'm afraid, although I anticipated that would be his answer. Last night he could not remember the book title, so I've asked him if he can find it for me. I'm hoping to see him again at our Christmas meeting on 12th December. If you are still interested, let me know & I'll ask again him for its title, the loco. performs well.(I suspect its the Mike Sharman book already mentioned above). Don.Cottle

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot