Forum Options

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Johng

Topics: 1

Replies: 1

Posted: Wed 5th Nov 2014, 9:58pm

Whilst appreciating that this is a 7 1/4 gauge society I am wondering if someone can help with the above. I have recently acquired the above loco for restoration. It is powered by a petrol engine which drives an alternator which in turn provides power for 6 motors one on each axle. I am trying to get some history on the loco which may hail from the Lincoln area. It is scratch built probably in the 80s although it may not have run for a few years. You can see pictures of the engine if you go into Ebay and look up 22148204827. (I didn't incidentally buy it from the Ebay seller!) Does any one recognise the engine and can they throw any light on it. Any information at all would be welcome.

Replies To This Post

George Coles

Topics: 19

Replies: 90

Posted: Thu 6th Nov 2014, 7:07am

Hello John. I can't help directly with your enquiry, but did you know that you can add a picture on this forum. That might be easier for people to see, especially as your link to ebay didn't work - probably because it only has 11 digits and ebay item numbers are 12 digits. Hope this helps.
George C

Johng

Topics: 1

Replies: 1

Posted: Thu 6th Nov 2014, 11:09am

Hello George. Yes I knew about photos but since there were quite a few on the ebay site I thought this would be more helpful. Sorry everyone about the ebay reference it should read 221482048278.
I am sure this loco will have been a regular at one of the clubs at some stage in it's life and since it is fitted with train vacuum gear it presumably was used for passenger hauling. There cannot be many Deltics around with this type of transmission and i am sure someone must recognise the engine or know someone who does. The image of the control panel itself would readily identify the engine.

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot