7 1/4 Bridget

chr15

Topics: 9

Replies: 8

Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011, 5:29am
7 1/4 Bridget

Hello
I have recently purchaced a 7 1/4 Bridget
I am looking for any links to websites that list any spares or parts I may require to finish this project
or indeed the best place to purchace these
Many Thanks in advance
Chris

Replies To This Post

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011, 8:28am

Hi Chris, difficult to advise without knowing more specifics, but most of the traders listed on here and in the "News" should be able to help, almost all have websites.

doncottle

Topics: 1

Replies: 31

Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011, 10:30pm

Hello Chris, I had a Bridget & will be surprised if one of the main suppliers don't sell the parts still. I purchased 80% part built, & finished it myself as all the large stuff had been done.
From my collection of catalogues I see A.J.Reeves then sold its drawings & castings etc. (I only had a couple from them). I suggest you try the current owners. I don't know if you'll be interested, but my impressions of the lcomotive were that it steamed & ran very well. However had it very little water space between top of firebox & its boiler top. Therefore its water level had to constantly watched as there was only about 1" showing. (I found this a pain)! Therefore I made as much visible water space in the glass as possible. I did it by raising the top of W/gauge glass fitting. This made another 1/4"-3/8" of water visible, so it had same amount of water, but more was visible!(Which helped). Although in the end, the loco. & I parted, for one with ample water space above its firebox crown. I would mention occasionally, I even pulled half a dozen passengers on a Stately Home railway with it when things were quiet!

chr15

Topics: 9

Replies: 8

Posted: Sun 10th Jul 2011, 5:57am

Thanks for the replies
Does anyone know if anyone ever published a book, on building , running and maintaining a Bridget ?
Also where I would get plans from ?

Thanks again
Chris

doncottle

Posted: Sun 10th Jul 2011, 9:53pm

Chris, In my above reply, I mentioned Reeves,(probably known to many U.K.Model Engineers), I expect they still trade as Reeves(2000). I have a catalogue (admittedly several year old), am I to assume you have tried them, & been told they no longer sell the plans or castings???

Peter Beevers

Topics: 3

Replies: 134

Posted: Mon 11th Jul 2011, 5:41am

All, I have just checked Reeves website and they do still offer Bridget drawings and castings.

Chris B

Topics: 2

Replies: 17

Posted: Mon 11th Jul 2011, 7:24am

I think Reeves2000 only have castings, the drawings are not listed on the website. The drawings should be available from Ken Swan.

doncottle

Posted: Tue 12th Jul 2011, 9:30pm

Chris, I also looked at the website. In the text mentioning the castings, the page I read states;- "with excellent drawings"!
From that, I assume they either sell them, or can point you in the right direction. For some reason, apart from saying how excellent they are, but have not listed them! If they don't sell Bridget drawings, I would imagine their sales of sets of castings for that model, are minimal!

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot