« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

7 1.4 Inch Q1 Drawings

M.Wathen

Topics: 1

Replies: 1

Posted: Fri 2nd Sep 2011, 9:43pm
7 1.4 Inch Q1 Drawings

Could anybody kindly point me in the direction or source of scale drawings for a Southern 0-6-0 Q1 in 7 1.4 scale

Many Thanks!

Matthew

Replies To This Post

johnnicholson

Topics: 12

Replies: 69

Posted: Tue 6th Sep 2011, 9:52pm

I would suggest that you contact the Brighouse and Halifax MES lads as there was a member at the club built a Q1. It may have had something to do with a 7 1/4" member who may have the answer.

Romulus

doncottle

Replies: 31

Posted: Wed 7th Sep 2011, 11:19pm

There are a few (possibly as many as (6) being built), I understand in the Malden Club at Thames Ditton, Surrey.(They have an 'Open Day' I believe on October 2nd., if you are near the area, a visit might be beneficial.(Once they meet you).
Also a friend of mine at Southampton MES has built an electric one. (Don't worry about the word 'electric', as it has all the usual steam fittings including injectors & gauges etc.) My concern is not to give names, unless the constructor/designer gives me their permission, because I don't want to upset anyone by giving out their name to a stranger. However if you are in the vicinity of any of those people,(at A.G.M. or perhaps a Club Day), you may find a personal approach to them might bring you a reward. If they see your request here, they can make up their minds accordingly, so hope I hope one does contact you in meantime.

M.Wathen

Replies: 1

Posted: Thu 8th Sep 2011, 11:16am

Thank you Gents for your replies, Yes I dont want to step on anyones toes, I am extremely new to 7 1.4 inch engineering and I am looking for an ongoing project. But mainly I am am after advice, So yes I believe some "face" time and Q and A is beneficial.

Many Thanks.

M

boggy

Topics: 0

Replies: 3

Posted: Sun 11th Sep 2011, 8:30am

Hi
The guy you want to talk to is Len Broadly from the Malden club
I belive hes got drawings from york

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot