Sign In above to begin adding replies.

90' ball valve for a Milner Hunslet Boiler

kevinsmith

Topics: 13

Replies: 18

Posted: Mon 7th Mar 2016, 10:07am
90' ball valve for a Milner Hunslet Boiler

Hi Marshall5

i have read your artical on the above and found it very helpfull, "Thanks " can you advise where i can purchase the same 90' valve ?

Replies To This Post

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Sat 12th Mar 2016, 8:53am

As nothing has been forthcoming from your request perhaps I can help with an alternative. I have used ball valves for years as regulators, and I am currently involved with two other model engineers in building three Thomas 2 locos, which are designed to have a ball valve regulator. I bought three valves via ebay. If you search for 2 Piece Brass Lever Ball Valve BSP Parallel F/F ends. Gas/Air/Water from advanced pipeline supplies they are the ones. You may also need male/male connectors. They may not be the same as in the article but I am sure they will be ok.
As nothing has been forthcoming from your request perhaps I can help with an alternative. I have used ball valves for years as regulators, and I am currently involved with two other model engineers in building three Thomas 2 locos, which are designed to have a ball valve regulator. I bought three valves via ebay. If you search for 2 Piece Brass Lever Ball Valve BSP Parallel F/F ends. Gas/Air/Water from advanced pipeline supplies they are the ones. You may also need male/male connectors. They may not be the same as in the article but I am sure they will be ok.

Viceroy

Topics: 13

Replies: 18

Posted: Sat 12th Mar 2016, 6:51pm

Mick, Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question,
i now can go forward with confidence

Keep Safe
Kevin

roystonthomas

Topics: 5

Replies: 16

Posted: Fri 18th Mar 2016, 10:06am

Hi kevin,
I used one of these on my Milner Hunslet:
http://www.vip-ltd.co.uk/dynamic/viewitem.php?item=01/0094/015
If you look in the miscellaneous topic section, a while back there is a load more info on the use of ball valves. best regards Royston

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Fri 18th Mar 2016, 12:41pm

I am assuming the valve you used and referred to in your post has worked OK for you, which is good if that's the case. I would just like to stress the need for caution in using ball valves if the specification of the valve is unknown, as the pressure and temperature of our steam is an important factor in having a valve that is up to the job inside a boiler.If it failed whilst open it could be dangerous.

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot