« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

B.R.STANDARD CLASS 5 4-6-0 LOCOMOTIVE

D.Akers

Topics: 1

Replies: 0

Posted: Tue 21st Feb 2012, 9:36am
B.R.STANDARD CLASS 5 4-6-0 LOCOMOTIVE

I was thinking of investing in drawings and castings for the 7 1/4" BR Standard Class 5 from Horley Miniature locomotives by Jim Vass. As there has been a few comments regarding discrepancies in drawings, I was interested to find out if anyone had previously built this model and were there too many issues with the drawings or the build itself

Replies To This Post

boggy

Topics: 0

Replies: 3

Posted: Wed 22nd Feb 2012, 6:50pm

Hi There
Im hopefuly in the final stages of building a std 5, if you want to e-mail me i can tell you all i know
jeny_dave*tiscali.co.uk

stevecarter

Topics: 0

Replies: 1

Posted: Tue 29th Sep 2015, 4:10pm

Hi There, I about to go down the same road. Is there anything it would be useful for me to know. stevecarter7822@btinternet.com

Bison62

Topics: 1

Replies: 2

Posted: Mon 17th Oct 2016, 8:10am

Hi i am building a Jim Vass Standard 5 as well. I still have contact with Jim and am happy to pass on anything i find out.

BILL

Topics: 17

Replies: 30

Posted: Mon 17th Oct 2016, 9:51pm

Would it be a good idea for you gents to do your experiences of your builds as articles in the magazine how you purchase, got on with problems and how you arrive at doing what you do. Achievements and more. Not just for one magazine issue but over a period.
Surely this then would encourage those who are at the edge of the hobby.
There are some splendid locomotives and rolling stock about but there is very little about the builds.

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot