Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Dynamicdescaler

Lew

Topics: 3

Replies: 5

Posted: Tue 3rd Jan 2012, 1:06pm
Dynamicdescaler

Happy new year to all.
Does anyone have experience of Dynamicdescaler,the label says not to be used on stainless steel in concentrated form.I have a steel boiler with copper tubes but a stainless steam pipe.Can I use the descaler in diluted form ?
Rgds Lew..

Replies To This Post

brianhicks

Topics: 4

Replies: 12

Posted: Thu 5th Jan 2012, 3:50pm

Hi Lew.I used Dynamic descaler on the Steel Boiler with copper tubes on Captain Hook in October 2010. This was on the advice of Roger Greatrex as I was preparing it for a strip down 10 year test.As far as I remember the descaler is to be used diluted anyway. I certainly did not use it neat It performed very well and I filtered the resultant liquid and debris and put the liquid back in the boiler for a second time!. It certainly cleaned all the boiler treatment off the inner surfaces of the boiler leaving it clean .I do not have the instructions which I believe came with it But you should ask the supplier about your concerns. I think it was a very good product.best wishes Brian Hicks.

Lew

Topics: 3

Replies: 5

Posted: Mon 9th Jan 2012, 12:37pm

Brian,
Many thanks for info,I have obviously chosen the right product,I have found an address for the supplier so will contact them for info regarding use with stainless steel.
Rgds Lew.

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot