More Briget Questions

chr15

Topics: 9

Replies: 8

Posted: Wed 20th Jul 2011, 5:39am
More Briget Questions

Hello
I will apologise now for my stream of questions
I have now purchaced the part built Bridget I was talking about.
Basicly it has the boiler, body work and pipe work to install, so no machineing or really technical engineering

I have no diagrams of where any of the pipe go and are a few pipes and the injector missing
Having taken it to the club I am now alot wiser about how it works and most of the pipework

One that i am not sure , but it seem to be obvious, but thought i would check
coming off the super heater in the smokebox, there is a small out let that obviously lets out steam, the only place i can see this connects to is another small connection on the bottom of the smokebox, looking up i beleive this is a snifler valve
does this sound correct ?

Thanks in advance

CHris

Replies To This Post

chr15

Posted: Wed 20th Jul 2011, 5:43am

Just a quick addition
If anyone has or knows were I can get hold of just the bridget pipework drawing that would be fantastic

Regards
Chris

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Wed 20th Jul 2011, 7:40am

Chris, if Reeves cannot/will not supply you with a single sheet from the drawings, Ken Swann certainly will. I have done just that in the past with Julliet safety valves. Also do not worry about asking questions, that is what this part of our site is for. It is often said that the only 'silly' question is one that doesn't get asked.

Rob Walker

Topics: 6

Replies: 12

Posted: Wed 20th Jul 2011, 8:58pm

maybe a long shot but i see that antique steam are selling a bridget maybe he could photocopy the relevant page if the loco comes with drawings.

chr15

Posted: Wed 20th Jul 2011, 9:13pm

Thanks for the replies
I pulled up the contact details for Ken Swan and had a chat with him this afternoon
I have just posted a cheque to him for a full set of Bridget drawings, I thought it can't hurt to have them for future reference
Thanks
Chris

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Thu 21st Jul 2011, 8:18am

I would agree Chris, never a bad plan to have the full set.

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot