« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

More info on gallery photo please

Stockers

Topics: 2

Replies: 7

Posted: Thu 24th May 2012, 5:19pm
More info on gallery photo please

If anyone can provide more on this HALF FULL SIZE RUSTON (Page 5 of gallery pictures)

http://www.sevenandaquarter.org/gallery/photo/?action=view&g_id=809

loco I'd be delighted to hear either via this Forum or directly as all my contact details are visible in the Association Address Book on the website here.

Many thanks,

Chris Stockdale

Replies To This Post

John

Topics: 0

Replies: 5

Posted: Sun 27th May 2012, 8:53am

I am the guilty party . Was built from mostly scrap wood on a battery chassis from someone else's aborted project as a bit of fun . 4QD Uni controller , 24volt from 2 gel batteries . As the ex wheelchair motors and gear boxs were designed for larger diameter wheels , even on 36 volts it is V.slow . But it will pull a dead Exmoor loco on the flat (18 cwt or so) . About 50" long , 20" wide and 48" high , driven with your knees sticking out of the side of the cab! Will come apart and stack into the back of a large hatchback . John

John

Posted: Sun 27th May 2012, 9:05am

If I've got this right attached is a photo showing driving position .

John
If I've got this right attached is a photo showing driving position .

John

Stockers

Posted: Sun 27th May 2012, 3:51pm

John,

Many thanks for the info and the extra photo. Slow or not it looks charming (can one say that of an electrically driven i.c. style loco?).

Please forgive the follow up question, but which John are you?

bestest,

Chris

colinedmondson

Topics: 3

Replies: 82

Posted: Mon 28th May 2012, 7:40am

I like that, good and chunky. I used to have a couple of 2' gauge MotorRails years ago, but they were too wide to model in 7 1/4 sit in size, so I went for the Ransomes that was featured in the last NEWS instead. A bit easier to handle than 3 1/2 tons of deadweight! Cheers, Colin Edmondson

Stockers

Posted: Mon 28th May 2012, 11:54am

Colin,

Very much enjoyed your article. I must come and see 'Don' at High Legh sometime soon as I'm not too far away (Market Drayton).

cheers,

Chris

John

Posted: Mon 28th May 2012, 4:30pm

Which John am I ? John Downes , based in Kent , owner of Eric Walker's No.6 loco , Isabel , as seen at a few past AGMs and hopefully the next one.

colinedmondson

Topics: 3

Replies: 82

Posted: Tue 29th May 2012, 6:32pm

Chris. Thanks for your kind comments about my article. Was down your way a few weeks ago, visited Woodseaves garden centre (unfortunately closed) on the way down to Weston Park. More used to Market Drayton as a stopping off point for shopping when out boating. If you are coming up to High Legh give me an email first (4443). I am no longer a regular there, too much to do, and DON will be leaving soon for conversion to petrol electric. Cheers, Colin Edmondson

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot