« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Narrow Gauge 0-4-0

enginenutt

Topics: 3

Replies: 4

Posted: Sun 5th Aug 2012, 3:31pm
Narrow Gauge 0-4-0

I have been left a narrow gauge chassis 42" x 22" for which I am trying to find a drawing of an industrial type diesel that I can make the body from.
As its to house 2 car batteries and the 1hp electric motor, I would like something along these lines. It does not necessarily have to be 7 1/4" scale as I can always scale it up etc. Can anybody help with where I can get suitable plans/drawings from.

Replies To This Post

Journeyman2010

Topics: 2

Replies: 7

Posted: Thu 25th Oct 2012, 6:40am

Hi,
Did you find a suitable drawings? I have a Baguley 0-4-0 drawing from an old Steamlines magazine?
Best Regards,
Jonathan

enginenutt

Posted: Thu 25th Oct 2012, 2:52pm

Hi Johnathan

Thank you for your reply but i am going to use the Lincolnshire coast light railway engine "PAUL" as my model. I am scaling it from Photos.
Yours Paul

Journeyman2010

Topics: 2

Replies: 7

Posted: Thu 25th Oct 2012, 4:29pm

Hi,
Would seem an appropriate name :o)

Incidently, is the chassis any partcular design? I'm just having some laser cuts produced for a large petro-hydraulic loco to the "Geraldine" design but intend to convert to battery and motor.

Best Regards,
Jonathan

colinedmondson

Replies: 82

Posted: Fri 26th Oct 2012, 9:18pm

The Motor rail chassis under 'PAUL' brings back memories, I used to have two of those many years ago. The problem with a Motor Rail / Simplex is its width, if you take it out to the max available the loco still won't be very tall. I chose a much narrower Ransomes and Rapier prototype so that I could build it at a larger scale, big enough to sit in. It is called DON, is very red, and you can see it on the second page of the gallery down at Mizens for the AGM. Cheers, Colin Edmondson

enginenutt

Posted: Sat 27th Oct 2012, 3:50pm

Thank you to Jonathen and Colin for your interest.
To Jonathen - I think the chassis I have is built to Kerr Stuart "Wren" dimensions.
To Colin - the chassis is 42" X 22" and would be a bit small for me to sit in as my knee to back measurement is 24". I also have a 7qtr smaller chassis with suspension that I can make into a riding bogey so that I do not have to sit in the loco. Also the LCLR "PAUL" is easy to construct and the LCLR have very kindly supplied me with detailed dimensions and photos.
Cheers Paul Nutt in sunny Scotland

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot