« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Steam Dome Covers

brianhicks

Topics: 5

Replies: 13

Posted: Wed 6th Dec 2017, 11:17pm
Steam Dome Covers

Captain Hook an enlarged and improved Tinkerbell Is having a locomotive Boiler fitted.The new Boilers steam dome is consequently Larger than the original. We would appreciate any help that will enable us to find a supplier or skilled individual craftsman who could make us another one to fit our new boiler Steam dome. Any help and guidance would be appreciated. Our initial enquiries from Metal spinners in the Leeds area have drawn a blank. Seems none of them have got the correct skills these days but there must be workers in aluminium who can help Many thanks. Please note my current e.Mail is georgebrianhicks@gmail .com.Membership No3072 Brian Hicks

Replies To This Post

stephenashton

Topics: 0

Replies: 1

Posted: Thu 7th Dec 2017, 12:37pm

They're not metal but Moors Valley do fibreglass Tinkerbell domes, see link below
http://www.moorsvalleyrailway.co.uk/pages/narogauge-services.html

brianhicks

Topics: 5

Replies: 13

Posted: Fri 22nd Dec 2017, 10:03pm

My apologies Stephen for my late reply. I could not get the 71/4 website to accept me?? Your information about the Moors Valley Fibre Domes was known to us as we are regular attenders at their events.We are trying to keep our dome as slim as possible but we may well have to use one of theirs. I am in contact with other metal spinners but as yet none have confirmed they can do an ally one to our design and spec. I live in hopes..Also looking for someone who can Water jet cut our fire bars. Yes , we are very sure of what we want !!!!???? Thank you so much for your reply,Happy Christmas to you Brian

Foote

Topics: 1

Replies: 2

Posted: Tue 26th Dec 2017, 10:15pm

Try https://www.bmspinning.co.uk/ they did my dome in brass.

Martyhuck

Topics: 1

Replies: 10

Posted: Wed 18th Apr 2018, 1:39pm

I have tried emailing Moors Valley twice, once from my aol account, and once from my gmail account. I have not received a reply to either. Do they block overseas emails?

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot