« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Tom Rolt 0-4-2 Tank Loco

Huds123

Topics: 2

Replies: 2

Posted: Thu 12th Dec 2013, 3:02pm
Tom Rolt 0-4-2 Tank Loco

Does anyone have a steel boiler drawing I could borrow or know where is can get one?

I have tried reeves who supply the original drawings but they do not supply a steel boiler drawing. email luke.hudman@me.com

Replies To This Post

Peter Beevers

Topics: 3

Replies: 134

Posted: Thu 12th Dec 2013, 9:08pm

Just go to any boilermaker worth his salt with the copper drawing and get him to design and verify a proper boiler for it. It will probably only add about £500 to the total, and, if you can find a like minded soul, £250 each.

bruce morgans

Topics: 6

Replies: 18

Posted: Sun 22nd Dec 2013, 7:56pm

I provided Wayne Bell, of Bell Boilers with a design for a steel boiler about four years ago. It was based upon the overall dimensions of the copper boiler. I have been running my Tom Rolt for 18 months and the boiler steams very well and produces good quality dry steam. It does not have a super heater and has top feeds for ease of access to the clacks. If you contact Wayne I'm sure he will be happy to build you one. Regards Bruce
I provided Wayne Bell, of Bell Boilers with a design for a steel boiler about four years ago. It was based upon the overall dimensions of the copper boiler. I have been running my Tom Rolt for 18 months and the boiler steams very well and produces good quality dry steam. It does not have a super heater and has top feeds for ease of access to the clacks. If you contact Wayne I'm sure he will be happy to build you one. Regards Bruce

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot