Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Waldenburg 0-6-0

Journeyman2010

Topics: 2

Replies: 7

Posted: Tue 14th Aug 2012, 10:12am
Waldenburg 0-6-0

Hi,
Does anyone know where I might find drawings for this locomotive? I understand it was designed for two scales? Having seen the test run of such a locomotive on Youtube at Stafford I was reminded of having seen another example at the Wellington Country Park railway years ago.

I look forward to hearing from anyone,
Best Regards,
Journeyman - Jonathan

Replies To This Post

Bob Pearce

Topics: 0

Replies: 8

Posted: Thu 13th Sep 2012, 7:59am

From memory I think the Waldenburg locomotive was designed by Ray Hammond who trades under the name of R.S Hammond & Son Ltd. who are or were in Basingstoke. You are right in that the loco was designed in two scales 1/4 and 1/3 and I can remember seeing a 1/3 scale loco many years ago on the R S Hammonds stand at the Midland Model Engineering Exhibition in finished but unpainted condition. This loco went onto work on the Finney Gardens Railway in Bucknall Park, Stoke-on-Trent until that railway closed. It was then bought by Trentham Gardens along with other equipment from the closed railway but to my knowledge never ran at Trentham. It was sold on again to a member of the Stafford Model Engineers hence where you have seen it on Youtube. If you Google "1/3 scale waldenberg 0-6-0" it comes up with "Commercial ads page" if you click on the link and scroll to near the end you will find more information on R S Hammond but I don't know how current and maybe out of date by now.

Best of luck with your search.

Best Regards

Bob Pearce

donaldcottle

Topics: 1

Replies: 31

Posted: Thu 13th Sep 2012, 9:36pm

I did hear that sadly Ray Hammond died a year or two ago. Possibly others could confirm that?

ilvaporista

Replies: 4

Posted: Fri 14th Sep 2012, 11:48am

I have a full set of drawings purchased from RH before he went bankrupt. I am back to the UK every so often.

Journeyman2010

Topics: 2

Replies: 7

Posted: Thu 25th Oct 2012, 4:30pm

Hi,
Thanks for your comment. Please drop me a line when you back and maybe we can arrange something?
Best Regards,
Jonathan

ilvaporista

Replies: 4

Posted: Mon 12th Nov 2012, 12:37pm

Hello Jonathan,
It will now be next year before I get back, unless you go to Karlsruhe in January. The set that I have is the 1/4 version, the 1/3 never seem to have the drawings issued and were made by special order only, but that is another story..
Adrian Parker, Turin, Italy. mail: parkerfamily at tin.it

Jeff Price

Replies: 1

Posted: Mon 25th Feb 2013, 8:23pm

I am pleased top advise that The Miniature Railway Supply Co Ltd Has both the Waldenburg Drawings and the Patterns.
We have both the 1/4" size drawings and patterns plus the 1/3 size patterns and drawings such as were producd.
For contact details please see our web site www.mrsc.org.uk

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot