« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Which Loco

ENGINENUTT

Topics: 4

Replies: 3

Posted: Wed 24th Jun 2015, 10:24am
Which Loco

I am looking to purchase a loco that I can put in my Fiat Dublo that is a maximum of 45" long without the tender ( if any ). It must not be too heavy eg over 4oolb. I will mainly be using it for club use but would like to use it for portable track work to pull 2 coaches. I have been looking at the likes of a Wren,Elidir,Pearl etc and would appreciate any thoughts from the members as what would be most suitable for my use. Also the thoughts on the pulling power of these locos

Replies To This Post

PeteW

Topics: 0

Replies: 21

Posted: Wed 24th Jun 2015, 5:56pm

Here is my Bridget with 2 coaches of 4 feet each. I think she could probably manage another one providing the track is dry. The Jessie I owned recently had similar capabilities. Both easy engines to handle and drive.
Here is my Bridget with 2 coaches of 4 feet each. I think she could probably manage another one providing the track is dry. The Jessie I owned recently had similar capabilities. Both easy engines to handle and drive.

ENGINENUTT

Topics: 4

Replies: 3

Posted: Thu 25th Jun 2015, 4:12pm

Thank you PeteW for your information.
I was erring more towards narrow gauge outline to get a more upright firing position due to back problems.
Any body else got any suggestions ?
I would also like to sit in the tender/riding car

PeteW

Topics: 0

Replies: 21

Posted: Fri 26th Jun 2015, 1:24pm

I gathered from your list you were looking at NG locos. I put this up as you mentioned Wren and Pearl, which I think are similar weight to Bridget.

The Stafford I owned previously weighed 400 lbs and could pull at least 3 times as much as the Bridget.

Pete.

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot