« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Your loco listing In 'MEMBER OPTIONS'

billhaywood

Topics: 17

Replies: 30

Posted: Wed 22nd Jun 2016, 4:03pm
Your loco listing In 'MEMBER OPTIONS'

What is the purpose of this listing. If your loco's are on no one else are able to see it.

Replies To This Post

Xz

Replies: 244

Posted: Wed 22nd Jun 2016, 6:20pm

Bill, I also wonder how up-to-date it is, as it relies on members doing it for themselves. What happens when a loco is sold to another member and the first doesn't delete it, and the second wants to enter it? Does it show twice?

Peter Beevers

Topics: 3

Replies: 134

Posted: Thu 23rd Jun 2016, 6:30am

But it gets worse. It initially refers to locomotives/trains but then talks about engines. The only engine I have is in the van that's for transporting my locomotives about, I have no need to record that. Like you, (and apart from the dreadful use of English) I have no idea what this is meant for. It seems to be private - but that's useless, I know what I own. On the other hand, I would want controls on who accesses it should it ever be made public. My take on it, as an IT professional - a half-baked and very poorly implemented feature, probably only there to make the developer money.

billhaywood

Replies: 30

Posted: Thu 23rd Jun 2016, 7:44am

Perhaps the website could be reviewed. I've of course referred to it many times and only recently discovered the word 'Links' at the bottom which I think be better in the main ribbon in the header.

Peter Beevers

Topics: 3

Replies: 134

Posted: Thu 23rd Jun 2016, 5:41pm

Jeez, I never even knew that existed!! And when you look at the page of links, it's one of the most poorly laid out pages I've ever seen. Awful.

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Fri 24th Jun 2016, 8:27pm

Your comments made me look at the LINKS too for the first time. I have recently created a new website for my club - Sheffield & District SMEE - so I looked at the link to us and not surprisingly it was to the old website. However, by a little jiggery pokery, I changed the HTML to point to our new one. I hope that makes sense. My question is this, how easy is it for anyone to get into the site's HTML and change things? Is it just members who have signed in or anyone else? Who monitors the website and will anything change as a result of our comments on this forum?

johnnicholson

Topics: 12

Replies: 68

Posted: Sat 25th Jun 2016, 8:50am

I have seen and read these postings and this is something that we should review. I will ask the various officers to read this posting. If anyone has a specific question or query about the web site please e mail me in the first instance.

John Nicholson
Secretary

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Sat 25th Jun 2016, 2:03pm

Thanks John, it's good to know that our postings are being monitored and action taken when needed.

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot