« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

sweetwilliam

derekwhite

Topics: 3

Replies: 4

Posted: Sat 23rd Sep 2017, 6:23pm
sweetwilliam

please can anyone help on valve timing I have to give it a little nudge to set off .Then seems to run alright thanks for any ideas Derek white

Replies To This Post

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Sun 24th Sep 2017, 7:19pm

Derek, I would first ask, how new is it? I've often found with new locos that they seem to need a little nudge to start, it's nothing to do with timing, just that everything is a little tight and in time it will pass. There can sometimes be a 'dead spot' even with a well run in loco, and then the way to clear that is to just switch to reverse and move it a touch, then return it to forward and it will go.

Bob G.

derekwhite

Topics: 3

Replies: 4

Posted: Mon 25th Sep 2017, 12:20pm

Good morning Bob,
Thank you for your input. This was the first time running and hopefully therefore things will settle down.
Derek W.

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Mon 25th Sep 2017, 7:02pm

No problem Derek, glad to be of assistance. However I think your Sweet William's little nudge is a bit different to the one that this thing needs. It better improve - it's getting to my back! However I don't think it should ever suffer from the 'dead spot' syndrome, with four cyls to shove it along. He he!
No problem Derek, glad to be of assistance. However I think your Sweet William's little nudge is a bit different to the one that this thing needs. It better improve - it's getting to my back! However I don't think it should ever suffer from the 'dead spot' syndrome, with four cyls to shove it along. He he!

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot