Sign In above to begin adding replies.

transfers

Dave

Topics: 1

Replies: 2

Posted: Fri 24th Apr 2015, 7:04pm
transfers

transfers
Hello everybody, I am building a midland compound and would like to know where I can get transfers, the midland coat of arms for the cab and the 18" tender side numbers, also the MR for the buffer beam

Replies To This Post

stevegosling

Topics: 0

Posted: Sat 25th Apr 2015, 2:22pm

Hi Dave.

I now run John Dabson's Midland Compound, numbered 1096, which I have painted. It was built in 1925 so it is in early LMS livery which is the Midland livery but with an LMS coat of arms on the cabside. That, I obtained from Precision Paints. The 18" tender numbers were made for me by Dave Noble of wagon and fitting fame and look super. However,they are extremely fragile and, despite my varnishing them, they are peeling so I have to treat them with very great care. I believe that Precision Paints may well have introduced the 18" numbers so they are worth a try. Failing them, try Fox Transfers of Markfield. They make every transfer you can imagine but only a few in our scale. They do have the artwork so you might persuade them to make some up for you.

How far have you got with the Compound. Will we see it soon? Is it a true compound or two cylinder simple?

Good luck with it and I shall look forward to seeing it!

Steve
Hi Dave.

I now run John Dabson's Midland Compound, numbered 1096, which I have painted. It was built in 1925 so it is in early LMS livery which is the Midland livery but with an LMS coat of arms on the cabside. That, I obtained from Precision Paints. The 18" tender numbers were made for me by Dave Noble of wagon and fitting fame and look super. However,they are extremely fragile and, despite my varnishing them, they are peeling so I have to treat them with very great care. I believe that Precision Paints may well have introduced the 18" numbers so they are worth a try. Failing them, try Fox Transfers of Markfield. They make every transfer you can imagine but only a few in our scale. They do have the artwork so you might persuade them to make some up for you.

How far have you got with the Compound. Will we see it soon? Is it a true compound or two cylinder simple?

Good luck with it and I shall look forward to seeing it!

Steve

Dave

Posted: Sat 25th Apr 2015, 4:42pm

Hi Steve, thanks for reply, have just started compound and I am at the material gathering stage, I am making a few patterns and have ordered frames from our local laser cutter with tender frames and body from model engineers laser, it will be a compound but I am going to use slide valve on the high pressure cylinder instead of piston valve, I have an Armstrong 4-4-0 and the compound is about the same size so they will be a good pair, I run at echills wood which will give me chance to stretch its legs, regards Dave

stevegosling

Topics: 0

Posted: Mon 27th Apr 2015, 7:48pm

I will be there with the engine on the Standard Gauge Weekend. Come and say hello!

Cheers!

Steve

brianlee

Replies: 14

Posted: Sat 19th Sep 2015, 5:33pm

hello dave
I have a Midland compound . It is a 2 cylinder loco and is in the BR black livery. I have a picture of it which will try to put with this reply
hello dave
I have a Midland compound . It is a 2 cylinder loco and is in the BR black livery. I have a picture of it which will try to put with this reply

« Back to Engines and Rolling Stock Topics

Web design by Slingshot