« Back to Exhibitions, Your Running days & Show reports Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

2017 Gala weekend incorporating the AGM

johnnicholson

Topics: 12

Replies: 68

Posted: Thu 7th Sep 2017, 10:08pm
2017 Gala weekend incorporating the AGM

Final preparations for the Gala weekend at Thompson Park, Burnley Friday 22nd September - Sunday 24th September 2017are now well under way and there is a good number of loco entries featuring locos both large and small, steam, diesel, battery and hand propulsion. There are still some places at the Saturday Night dinner after the AGM.

Please note anyone attending the event on Saturday where you will need to park you are advised to arrive early because there is a premier division football match not far from the park and therefore parking will be at a premium.

We are looking forward to welcoming members and friends to this event and we are grateful to Burnley and Pendle Miniature Railway Society for their kind invitation.

John Nicholson
Secretary

Replies To This Post

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Fri 8th Sep 2017, 11:44am

Thanks John for your phone call following a question I had about the AGM. You reminded me there was a route learning video in the video gallery, it's very useful for someone like me who hasn't visited the track before and I recommend members view it. I am looking forward to another excellent AGM weekend and meeting old friends.

WembleyLion

Topics: 2

Replies: 34

Posted: Fri 8th Sep 2017, 8:30pm

John,

Regarding the Towneley Hall visit and the AGM Meeting will there be transport laid on from the railway, as there has been in at past AGM's, or do we have to make our own way there?

John

johnnicholson

Topics: 12

Replies: 68

Posted: Fri 8th Sep 2017, 9:58pm

John, Thank you for your valid question. In the early days of the planning process we had thought about a vintage bus from Keighley Bus Museum but this would have cost the Society several hundred pounds,it was felt an expensive option when we were not sure of the take up. We also felt that it was more important to employ a security firm to provide night guards on Friday,Saturday and Sunday. If anyone has a particular problem with transport please contact me by e mail or post and we will try to assist particularly if some one has arrived in Burnley by public transport. Towneley Hall is only about 2/2.5 miles away but it is really too far to walk.
John Nicholson
Secretary.

WembleyLion

Topics: 2

Replies: 34

Posted: Sat 9th Sep 2017, 9:45pm

Many thanks for your prompt reply John.

John

« Back to Exhibitions, Your Running days & Show reports Topics

Web design by Slingshot