« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

2015 A.G.M

gerryclarke

Topics: 5

Replies: 10

Posted: Mon 14th Sep 2015, 3:08pm
2015 A.G.M

A big thankyou to the senior, junior and lady members of the Hereford society for a superb weekend and making us welcome. The event was conducted in a relaxed but organised manner; a special unloading ramp has been installed to accommodate heavy locos it is simple but very effective. The running roster allowed flexibility for members steaming up either too early or too late, also for those who came off early or stayed on longer. All this confusion was handled very well by those controlling trains from either the signal box or the station platform. I was especially impressed with the onsite facilities at Broomy Hill; they have two well equipped workshops one for more advanced model engineers and another for junior members. The club house and kitchen was an inviting place especially with sandwiches cups of tea and cream teas being available and a nice spacious area to sit and eat. I enjoyed my visit to Broomy Hill and again a big thankyou to the members of H.S.M.E.

Replies To This Post

PeteW

Topics: 0

Replies: 21

Posted: Mon 14th Sep 2015, 3:28pm

I would like to add my thanks to all who worked hard to make the weekend a success. I was there with my Bridget on Friday and Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Pete.

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Mon 14th Sep 2015, 5:08pm

May I endorse wholeheartedly everything Gerry has said above. Thanks to everyone involved for a great AGM weekend. Mick S.
May I endorse wholeheartedly everything Gerry has said above. Thanks to everyone involved for a great AGM weekend. Mick S.

johnnicholson

Topics: 12

Replies: 69

Posted: Mon 14th Sep 2015, 9:11pm

On behalf of the Committee and all the members and guests who attended the Hereford AGM, I would like to say a giant thank you to all at the Hereford club for a wonderful AGM 2015. The thing that impressed me most was that everything was ready and in place in place for the event, the track ran well, the catering was great and the Hereford club organisation over the weekend was so smooth and efficient without anything being to much trouble.

Also the arrangements for the AGM meeting and dinner were superb.

Many many thanks to our hosts.

Congratulations to Colin Edmondson on winning the Charles Simpson award, John Green the Brian Reading award and the Junior award went jointly to James Newby and Tom Moody.

The AGM 2016 will be held next year at the kind invitation of PECORAMA, Beer, Devon on the weekend of the 1st and 2nd October 2016. We look forward to seeing everyone there.

John Nicholson
Secretary

alan

Replies: 9

Posted: Mon 14th Sep 2015, 10:58pm

we would like to add our thanks,endorsing all the above;it was a great weekend....Alan and Carolyn Potter

Denis Mulford

Topics: 4

Replies: 24

Posted: Mon 14th Sep 2015, 11:31pm

The guys from Oxford echo all of the above comments, a superb weekend high lighted by the Saturday evening run until gone 10-00pm, loved the sound of my loco pulling up the bank into the tunnel.

Thanks again.

Denis Mulford.

terryrobinson

Topics: 1

Replies: 6

Posted: Tue 15th Sep 2015, 7:47am

Can I add my thanks to all the team at Hereford for a wonderful weekend and to all the members of the society I met for all the banter.

Many thanks

Terry

3 Ducks

Topics: 2

Replies: 9

Posted: Tue 15th Sep 2015, 8:53am

i had a great time too - even the sun was smiling

mikecave

Replies: 2

Posted: Tue 15th Sep 2015, 8:54pm

I would like to add my thanks to all the members of the Hereford society for hosting a superb AGM. I was very impressed with the friendly welcome and the impressive loading and unloading facilities put in place for the large locomotives. I thought the rostering was very well executed with few if any hold ups which is no mean feat with so many visiting locos. Once again many thanks for a wonderful weekend.

Kind Regards

Mike Cave

Little Hunslet

Topics: 4

Replies: 12

Posted: Wed 16th Sep 2015, 12:29pm

We would also like to say thank you to all the HSME members who made us feel so welcome from the moment of arriving on Wednesday to our departure on Sunday afternoon. The site was in super condition and a joy to drive. Plenty of opportunity to get out and run our engines and all controlled beautifully by the station staff.
Thank you for all the hard work put in over the last few months.
Pete & Wendy King

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Wed 16th Sep 2015, 4:29pm

I wish to add my thanks to all involved, both the Hereford lads and our own Committee and Assistants. A grand job, well done!

mathewrainer

Topics: 2

Replies: 5

Posted: Sat 19th Sep 2015, 4:39am

I can only echo the words above, well done Hereford. If anyone would like to see Gilly's and my photo's from the weekend please follow link.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gillymatrainer/albums

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot