« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

7 1/4 AGM

johnnicholson

Topics: 12

Replies: 69

Posted: Tue 26th Jul 2016, 10:44pm
7 1/4 AGM

For those who have already booked in for the Beer Heights Light Railway, Pecorama AGM weekend from Thursday 29th September to Monday 3rd October 2016.

If you booked in prior to the 11Th July 2016 you should have received your event handbook and tickets for the weekend. Any members booking after the above date -their handbooks will be sent out in batches as the bookings are received.

Any members who intend to visit this AGM event it would be helpful if you could pre-book as this will speed up the registration process on the day. All members attending must display the special event badge to ensure that they are allowed onto the site as part of the Society party. There are still some running slots available for the locos of Society members.

With our AGM being held on a commercial railway, this year and not as usually on a club railway we do not have the benefit of host club members to marshal and help run our activities.

So on this occasion, we shall have to provide some help from our own visiting 7 ¼” Gauge Society members to cover some of the jobs. Some of our Society members from neighbouring clubs have already indicated that they will be pleased to help out and I shall be grateful if they would now formally contact me to be properly registered. I envisage that they will be involved in shifts of perhaps two or three hours only at a time before they are relieved.

The sort of jobs involved will be on “Reception” (recording the arrival of members and dealing with paperwork), help with the unloading and loading of locomotives, monitoring running activities – either in the Shed area or at a few key points around the track. Or running our own “Real Ale” Bar!

If you are able to help, please let me know on which day or days you can be available – we shall need Marshals on Friday, Saturday and Sunday – and the sort of time of day which would suit you best of all.

I can be contacted by Email through the Secretary’s Email address or by telephone. Details below.

We do already have some “First Aid” cover for the AGM but if we do have any other qualified “First Aiders” within the visiting membership, then I shall be very grateful if they will kindly let me know that they will be around and on which days they could provide some stand-by cover if required.

Tony Gosling

secretary@sevenandaquarter.org

Replies To This Post

There are no replies in this topic - Why not be the first to reply?

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot