« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Burnley Annual Gathering

terryrobinson

Topics: 1

Replies: 6

Posted: Sun 24th Sep 2017, 10:43pm
Burnley Annual Gathering

I would like to thank the Burnley & Pendle Model Engineering Society, and our own members for a fantastic weekend at Thompson Park, a wonderful event

Replies To This Post

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Mon 25th Sep 2017, 8:55am

I would second that Terry, even though I was towed ignominiously back to the sheds. Gala Gatherings are always excellent affairs, even when we occasionally get a wet one. There is much natter and brew drinking along with great camaraderie and meeting friends from past events. If you haven't; TRY IT! Next year it will be at near Perth in Scotland.

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Mon 25th Sep 2017, 7:52pm

May I also add my thanks to everyone concerned in organising another superb event. The BPMES members had clearly worked very hard to prepare the track after the devastating floods earlier in the year and coped extremely well with an influx of visiting locos, something they haven't had to cope with previously. Well done!

MikeB

Topics: 0

Replies: 1

Posted: Tue 26th Sep 2017, 12:34pm

I would like to thank everyone who spent time at Thompson Park Burnley at the AGM and gathering. It seems to have been a great success. The feedback from BPMRS members has been that 'we did it and it worked' Mike Bailey Honorary Secretary BPMRS.

ivanhewlett

Topics: 8

Replies: 53

Posted: Tue 26th Sep 2017, 1:56pm

Thank you so much to everyone involved in the AGM over last weekend - it was just brilliant !
There is no doubt that those at BPMRS 'did it' and yes it certainly 'worked'. Thank you for making me feel so welcome and apologies for 'failing out' on the Saturday - mind you I got some rare mileage out of it :-)
Seriously though, I know how much work goes into these events and the outcome was tribute to all involved - Thank you, and hopefully see many of you at Perth next year.
Kind Regards, Ivan (1065)

Little Hunslet

Topics: 4

Replies: 12

Posted: Tue 26th Sep 2017, 6:06pm

I would also like to add my thanks to the super team at Burnley. I have attended most of the AGM meetings since 2006 and last weekend was right there with the best. We were lucky to have such wonderful weather, the park itself was in super condition and it was good to see so many younger members getting involved, quite rare these days. The icing on the cake, for me, was the fact that we were able to help with public running over the three days as I find it gets very boring just running around light engine lap after lap.
Another new idea this year which I found much better was the fact that we were able to pick our running slots at signing in on a first come first served basis, much better than random am or pm six months in advance as previously.
I think a big thankyou should also go to Brighouse & Halifax members for opening up their track for us on Monday. Quite a different proposition to Burnley but an interesting track to drive and they have to be applauded for fitting so much into such a difficult site. Well done to all and thank you.

Many thanks Pete King (2992)

mathewrainer

Topics: 2

Replies: 5

Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2017, 11:39am

All we can do is add our thanks to all involved in this years event. Both BPMRS and B&HME did an oustanding job.
For some of our photo's see https://www.flickr.com/photos/gillymatrainer/albums

Mat & Gilly Rainer

alan

Replies: 9

Posted: Sat 30th Sep 2017, 10:22am

yes,a thoroughly enjoyable weekend,and big thank you to all those involved in the preparation and running of the event;
Alan and Carolyn Potter (3651)

Ranald

Posted: Sat 14th Oct 2017, 11:44am

My thanks also, both myself and my guest enjoyed it and my Scamp got a good run out as well.

Switcher

Topics: 1

Posted: Sun 19th Nov 2017, 12:14am

Have to add my belated thanks to Burnley & Pendle for wonderful, efficient arrangements. Personal thanks to 'Marcus' for his help with off-loading on arrival and during the event. As a matter of interest, was a Society video produced this year?

frankcooper

Topics: 9

Replies: 58

Posted: Mon 20th Nov 2017, 8:57pm

I understand that the club were going to try and produce a DVD

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot