« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Checking an AGM Booking?

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Mon 17th Aug 2015, 5:18pm
Checking an AGM Booking?

I've just come on-line to check some details of my AGM booking and can't find where it is. I thought that the idea of 'on-line booking' was that it would be available right up to the last minute, to check, and even make adjustments, such as change of loco arrangements. Thoughts anyone?

Replies To This Post

johnnicholson

Topics: 12

Replies: 69

Posted: Mon 17th Aug 2015, 6:17pm

This is the same system we have used for a number of years. Once you do a booking on the system it freezes and you cannot get back in on line. If any changes are required then they will have to be done manually. This year Anthony Siddall is looking after the bookings and he has set up a special e mail account. If there are any changes please e mail Anthony on SQAGM2015@btinternet.com. If you cannot get hold of Anthony please contact myself.

John Nicholson
Secretary

George Coles

Topics: 19

Replies: 90

Posted: Tue 18th Aug 2015, 8:27am

Bob,

Having raised a similar query last year, this year I was very pleased when I received an email confirming my booking in full (thanks Anthony?) Did you not get one, or did you delete it, assuming that the booking would be available online for checking? (I think 'Never assume anything' is a good plan, especially in respect of this web-site, and the Society itself.)

By the way, John, Bob was trying to check what he had booked. You say if any changes are needed, please contact Anthony or yourself. But Bob didn't know if any changes were needed: that was why he was trying to check what he had booked.

May I suggest that future confirmation emails carry a warning that the booking is not accessible on line, and advise the recipient to print the email for reference?

Incidentally, and not expecting the confirmation email to which I referred above, I printed a copy of each page of the booking form as I completed it. It has to be done that way, as one cannot go back once one has moved on to the next page of the form.

May I say that it is nice to have the 'Welcome' pack prior to the event, rather than having it thrust into one's hands at the arrivals desk, when there is lots to take in, and there are lots of decisions to be made. Thank you Anthony.

Three weeks to go! See you all then. (Fritz is looking forward to running on another railway!)

George Coles
Bob,

Having raised a similar query last year, this year I was very pleased when I received an email confirming my booking in full (thanks Anthony?) Did you not get one, or did you delete it, assuming that the booking would be available online for checking? (I think 'Never assume anything' is a good plan, especially in respect of this web-site, and the Society itself.)

By the way, John, Bob was trying to check what he had booked. You say if any changes are needed, please contact Anthony or yourself. But Bob didn't know if any changes were needed: that was why he was trying to check what he had booked.

May I suggest that future confirmation emails carry a warning that the booking is not accessible on line, and advise the recipient to print the email for reference?

Incidentally, and not expecting the confirmation email to which I referred above, I printed a copy of each page of the booking form as I completed it. It has to be done that way, as one cannot go back once one has moved on to the next page of the form.

May I say that it is nice to have the 'Welcome' pack prior to the event, rather than having it thrust into one's hands at the arrivals desk, when there is lots to take in, and there are lots of decisions to be made. Thank you Anthony.

Three weeks to go! See you all then. (Fritz is looking forward to running on another railway!)

George Coles

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Tue 18th Aug 2015, 9:17am

George, you are absolutely right. I did get a confirmation email, though I didn't delete it, it is still locked away somewhere in my old P.C. That decided one day that it didn't want to operate any more, to the extent that I had to purchase this one. Fortunately I keep most of my data on a separate drive so all I lost of importance was everyone's email addresses and all the stored emails. So this is also a call to everyone who emails me (100s of you) to send me a contact email so I can save your address again. If you haven't heard from me, that is why!

It would be an excellent idea if that data were kept on line, it could be locked at any suitable stage if required. Surely that is largely the point of an on-line presence.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot