Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Clack Valve required

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Mon 20th Feb 2017, 5:55pm
Clack Valve required

Clack Valve required
Hi Guys, I'm looking for a little help. I bought a pair of these, but a longish while ago, probably at a Bristol Show, the problem is I can't remember who from. It probably wasn't painted when I got it, I don't remember that either (getting old?). The pipe thread is 9/32" X 32ME, the fitting thread is 1/4" BSP, the Pound coin is to give a clue to the size. The only identifying mark I can find is a 'C' stamped on the top of the square.

I need another! This one wouldn't hold kitty, let alone water or steam, even though brand new. Can anyone in 7 1/4" land identify the source accurately, or I could spend a lot of time and effort chasing round. My other option of course is to wait for an exhibition and hope to bump into them there.

Thanks in anticipation,

Bob Gray.

Replies To This Post

Denis Mulford

Topics: 4

Replies: 24

Posted: Tue 21st Feb 2017, 10:39pm

Bob,

I have use something like these and I think I bought them from Geoff Stait at G&S Supplies but it was a while ago but worth a try but it does look as if they are just standard clacks anyway.
To stop it leaking have you tried a Nitrile ball in it ?

Denis

Xz

Posted: Tue 21st Feb 2017, 11:00pm

Denis, you could be right. I also thought possibly LSM.

Edit: - I've just checked Geoff's site and he doesn't seem to do one that big

Peter Beevers

Topics: 3

Replies: 134

Posted: Wed 22nd Feb 2017, 9:22am

It looks LSM or RA Barker, being 1/4 BSP. I was stupid enough to try a pair of such 'model engineer' clacks once, awful things, wouldn't work at all so they went where they belonged and I went back to proper commercial valves that actually do what they say they are going to!!

Xz

Posted: Wed 22nd Feb 2017, 6:00pm

Pete, I've looked for commercial stuff and can't seem to find anything that corresponds, or anything like. Suggestions please. It would aLSO mean I have to change BOTH valves.

Denis Mulford

Topics: 4

Replies: 24

Posted: Wed 22nd Feb 2017, 8:53pm

Bob,

Yes I think you are right LMS. Have used them on one of my locos for years but think I may have reseated them and use nitrile balls.

Denis

Xz

Posted: Thu 23rd Feb 2017, 3:25pm

I've ordered one from Live Steam Models. From the picture on their website it looks the same as what I have.

They are even painted black!

Xz

Posted: Fri 24th Feb 2017, 1:25pm

The valve that I ordered yesterday from LSM, arrived with today's post. That is exceedingly good service. It is also identical to the other one, so one happy bunny here!

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot