« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Doncaster Exhibition.

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Sat 14th May 2016, 3:23pm
Doncaster Exhibition.

I hope everyone who can attend, realises that the 'Doncaster Exhibition' starts next Friday. Also don't forget that it is the only replacement for Harrogate, which for the time being at least, is 'mort', no more. Unless someone has heard something I haven't!

Hope to see you there, well, at least on Friday!

Replies To This Post

RussCoppin

Topics: 0

Replies: 8

Posted: Sun 15th May 2016, 2:04am

I will be there Thursday and probably Friday so if anyone needs a hand lifting 'n shifting grab me from the Bradford stand.
How many exhibits do we have on the 7 1/4" stand as I haven't heard much about it this year?

frankcooper

Topics: 9

Replies: 58

Posted: Mon 16th May 2016, 3:45pm

All stand spaces have been reduced. I have only been bale to get 3 members to bring items (6 in total) A number objected to the move to Doncaster over which we have no control. We are there for the next 3 years!.

Thanks for your offer of help - I am having eye operation two days before so should nto even be drving

Xz

Posted: Tue 17th May 2016, 9:51am

Seems rather pointless to object to a move which is forced by the reconstruction of the venue, what were they like when it moved from Donnington, and where else did they think it should go??

Xz

Posted: Fri 20th May 2016, 5:10pm

I just got back from Doncaster, and I have to say it was an excelent venue although a touch small when compared to H/gate but not seriously so. There are too few direction signs for some routes, but I would expect that to be noted and corrected next time. Parking was a short walk unless you got there early and could get on the car park on the other side of the road. There are plenty of traders and loads of models. I would certainly go again.

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Sat 21st May 2016, 7:35am

Self interest first: I only live in Sheffield so the journey to Doncaster was quick and easy, far far better than getting to Harrogate. And talking to some exhibitors and visitors from other parts of the UK they felt that the new venue was easier to get to as well,by rail and motorway. The aisles seemed wider and the long tarmac area in front of the stands a much better location for operating steam road vehicles, with the advantage for visitors of beng able to sit on the stands and watch them drive by. Catering at the exhibition (as always) was expensive - £5.20 for a small meat pie with gravy - not the organisers fault and of course you can always take your own food. So in my opinion much better than the Harrogate venue.

Xz

Posted: Sat 21st May 2016, 8:10am

Conversely Mick, a sandwich and coffee downstairs in the bar area was £4 and odds. You can pay that just for coffee some places. Sorry I didn't bump into you!

EJParrott

Topics: 2

Replies: 19

Posted: Tue 24th May 2016, 7:18pm

There were steamers outside the front of the stands??????

Maaannnnn..... I didn't even get upstairs, never mind out the front!!!

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot