Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Engineer's Hickory Stripe Overalls

Callum Darraugh

Topics: 1

Replies: 4

Posted: Wed 8th May 2013, 11:57pm
Engineer's Hickory Stripe Overalls

Hi all,

As a matter of interest, is there any where on the web that supply the yankie style bib and brace overalls that will ship to the UK? After searching the web, it seems that all the suppliers only ship to the US only.

I'm asking here as I know I've seen members of this society with them!

Many thanks
Callum

Replies To This Post

Keithf7

Topics: 0

Replies: 19

Posted: Fri 10th May 2013, 11:43am

Hi Callum,
Try www.pointerbrand.com They manufacture hickory stripe overalls and accept payment by Paypal. JC Penney may also be worth a try as they even price in UKP if you enter their website from blighty.

Keith McDonald

Narrowgauge7.25

Topics: 16

Replies: 107

Posted: Fri 10th May 2013, 6:10pm

Callum the other option is to talk very nicely to someone who is going to America which is what a friend did to get a whistle back. It is normally possible to get the items shipped to a hotel. I have been looking at engineers caps and occasionally they turn up brand new on Ebay from companies based in states so that might also be worth a try
Martyn

Callum Darraugh

Replies: 4

Posted: Tue 14th May 2013, 12:36pm

Many thanks for your replies chaps. I will try pointerbrand.com Keith!

Cheers
Callum

stoneleigh

Replies: 31

Posted: Tue 24th Sep 2013, 6:59pm

Callum, I used to occasionally import caps & overalls from the U.S.A.for a few people interested over here. I believe the shop in the Railroad Museum at Sacremento used to sell them at one time. There was also a store called Milepost One who also sold the caps & possibly overalls.(May have been same location). Also a firm called Cannonball at one time sold similar items. Whether those places still exist I can't say. I used to obtain my caps direct from a factory, but at present I can't remember the address.(I doubt they exist now). If I remember I'll get back to you.
Their 'Hickory Striped' jackets + bib & braces are extremely warm in winter, & well worth the money. They are also very hard wearing & last ages. The Canadians use a slightly different stripe on theirs, when you see them alongside one another you can tell which is which!
Remember their cap sizes are one size adrift of ours! If a label was missing, I'd measure the band around its inside & divide by pi! (Formula always worked).

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot