« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Invalid Coach

Ronnyrascal

Topics: 4

Replies: 0

Posted: Mon 23rd Sep 2013, 12:24pm
Invalid Coach

Has any member constructed one or has plans or photos to take a wheel chair. Please
Ronnyrascal@aol.com

Replies To This Post

johnnicholson

Topics: 12

Replies: 69

Posted: Mon 23rd Sep 2013, 4:40pm

I have not personally been involved with a disabled coach, but I am aware certainly companies producing them have checked designs with HSE and possibly insurers.

I know Cromar White produce a coach and the Leyland Society own a coach whether they built or bought a commercial design I am not sure.

I would certainly check with these people about any special requirements for these coaches.

John Nicholson

rogerbrown

Topics: 6

Replies: 35

Posted: Tue 24th Sep 2013, 6:34pm

All, pretty sure that the Leyland Society purchased it from Cromar White

Regards

Roger

stoneleigh

Topics: 1

Replies: 31

Posted: Tue 24th Sep 2013, 6:37pm

If its for a club, then certain ones have obtained one for their disabled passengers partly assisted by a local authority grant.
The Malden Club at Thames Ditton have a superb one on their railway. (They are having an Open Week-end shortly, so anyone wishing to see in operation might be able to then)!

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Wed 25th Sep 2013, 4:02am

Sheffield Society designed and built our own wheelchair carriage several years ago. We had an Awards For All lottery grant towards it. Leyland's is a Cromar White carriage, attached is a photo of similar one at Rother Valley Country Park Railway, built by Cromar White, near Sheffield. Sorry about the quality of the photo, I couldn't find the original on my computer.
Sheffield Society designed and built our own wheelchair carriage several years ago. We had an Awards For All lottery grant towards it. Leyland's is a Cromar White carriage, attached is a photo of similar one at Rother Valley Country Park Railway, built by Cromar White, near Sheffield. Sorry about the quality of the photo, I couldn't find the original on my computer.

John W

Topics: 0

Replies: 1

Posted: Tue 9th Jun 2015, 9:15pm

I am building and running a 7 1/4" railway at The Royal Gunpowder Mills at Waltham Abbey, Essex EN9 1JY and was asked by the management to investigate the possibility of carnying a wheel chair. I have contacted Cromar White by E-mail and get no reply, are they still in business?

frankcooper

Topics: 9

Replies: 58

Posted: Wed 10th Jun 2015, 9:13am

Yes - still in business - finishing the rebuild of NRM system at York at moment.

MartynRedfearn

Topics: 16

Replies: 107

Posted: Wed 10th Jun 2015, 8:11pm

John I have just finished building one I am happy to share what I did my contact details are in the address book
John I have just finished building one I am happy to share what I did my contact details are in the address book

jeggray

Topics: 2

Replies: 8

Posted: Sat 27th Feb 2016, 9:35am

I believe Chromar White can make such a vehicle.

jeggray

Topics: 2

Replies: 8

Posted: Sat 27th Feb 2016, 9:35am

I believe Chromar White can make such a vehicle.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot