K36

I have seen a Picter from K36 in Karlsruhe Exhibtion71/4
Who owns machine or drawings.

Replies To This Post

doncottle

Topics: 1

Replies: 31

Posted: Tue 1st Mar 2011, 10:24pm

There are several locos. of that, (or similar type) running in this country. I know Bob Smith at Comrie has one, and Paul at Surrey Society (at Leatherhead) has one. He occasionally runs it also at Malden Club,(Thames Ditton). However there are others, & at one time Milner Engineering @ Chester did castings + 18 drawings for a C19 which is a nice 2-8-0.If you went to last AGM (@ Kingsbury), you would have seen several American locos. running there. You could try to find out if anyone has, (or knows) where Milners drawings are, (+ any castings) should whoever have them still sell them.
Failing that, you could do (as I do), & subscribe to U.S. magazine 'Live Steam'which is a good source of things American. Oh by the way, you could save up your cash, & ride behind the real thing on the Cumbres & Toltec R/Rd., or The Durango & Silverton Railroad unforgetable trips & a short distance from one another.Several well know G.B.travel Agents do trips on them. There are other lines with locos. such as C.19, K28,K36, K37,or similar but they are many miles away.(Colorado is a great place to look, plus Denver has a 'Big Boy'). Ride behind the real thing if you can, the chime whistle sound when pulling out of Silverton & running down the street will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Pure magic!

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot