« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

RAILWAYS ARE FOR SHARING

HauteSaoneFrance

Topics: 27

Replies: 91

Posted: Sun 25th May 2014, 7:55pm
RAILWAYS ARE FOR SHARING

I'm quite new on here and joined as I want to realise a long held ambition to have my own garden railway, it's only been possible since I bought my place in France hence my name 'Haut Saone' which is in district 70 It's about half way North South 360 miles from Calais and well to the East. Would I be right in thinking that most members just own a loco and take it to various tracks rather than have their own layout? I'm very excited about establishing the tracks, a bit of a civil engineer at heart and the fortunate owner of a range of machinery to make establishing the layout in a challenging site a real possibility. I'm semi retired and able to put some time into this pursuit and ask if there might be like minded members who have time on their hands and would like to join me in my venture from time to time? Apart from spending near 50% of my time in France I'm then back here in Bristol where I have good facilities for fabrication, welding and other trades to make up track, rolling stock, perhaps one day even a loco? anyone interested in sharing the journey please shout out loud!

Replies To This Post

georgewhite

Topics: 3

Replies: 12

Posted: Fri 4th Jul 2014, 8:47am

I assume the Bristol you refer to is in the South-West of England.
If so why not come down to the Bath and West Railway at Shepton Mallet where we welcome visitors. We are of course hosting this years AGM as well.

get in Touch George

HauteSaoneFrance

Posted: Thu 10th Jul 2014, 9:37am

Thank you George for replying, I am indeed in Bristol South West where I am now but also spend almost 50% of my time in France where I'm hoping soon to commence establishing the garden railway. I would love to visit Shepton Mallett to see what's been achieved, it looks like quite a lot? I looked at the website but it's not too clear as to opening days/times. I'm fairly flexible as to when I can visit and would like to do so before I travel back to France again on 22nd July

georgewhite

Posted: Mon 14th Jul 2014, 9:11am

We are open most Saturdays and Wednesdays. However when there is a show on you need a special pass. Will certainly be there next Wednesday and saturday. Give me a bell on 01749674489 or just turn up at the site. If you have trouble getting in ring the clubhouse on 07910985806 and someone will come and fetch you. This Wednesday we will be running engines definitley
Cheers

George

HauteSaoneFrance

Posted: Mon 14th Jul 2014, 6:46pm

Thanks George for the info and invite, I'm free on Wednesday from mid morning on and would love to visit, I could arrive soon after 11am or leave it until after lunch time, what's best? If you don't see this mail I can phone you

georgewhite

Posted: Mon 14th Jul 2014, 8:20pm

Any time will do. we have the time honoured english tea break at 11oo with a packed lunch at 1300

George

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot