« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Tickets

johndoyle

Topics: 6

Replies: 21

Posted: Tue 6th May 2014, 3:30pm
Tickets

Does anyone have any contacts for ticket printers?

At Halton we have used the traditional 'edmundson' card tickets, but found they were getting hard to source and rather expensive, and it was possible to 'lose' some from the middle of the pack.

We now use rolls of custom-printed tickets.

What do other railways use?

thanks

John Doyle
Halton Miniature Railway

Replies To This Post

George Coles

Topics: 19

Replies: 90

Posted: Tue 6th May 2014, 8:40pm

John

We use card tickets from Peter Bell who can be contacted by e-mail on JPeterBell@aol.com. He is based in the Midlands, and we have found him very obliging.

Hope this helps.

George C
Northampton SME

George Coles

Topics: 19

Replies: 90

Posted: Tue 6th May 2014, 9:06pm

John

We use Peter Bell who can be contacted by e-mail on JPeterBell@aol.com. He is based in the Midlands, and we have found him very obliging.

Hope this helps.

George C
Northampton SME

johndoyle

Posted: Tue 13th May 2014, 1:47pm

Thanks George

I have been in touch with Peter and have details of his tickets.

Justa little surprised that no-one else has responded. Are you the only other railway to use tickets, or is it just that nobody reads this forum? How many members do we have? How many visit the forum?

Perhaps I should have asked if anyone knows of a printer for labels for my home brew!!!

John Doyle
Halton Miniature Railway

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Tue 13th May 2014, 5:52pm

Nah John! I never found that labels made any difference to the taste. Ha ha.

frankcooper

Topics: 9

Replies: 58

Posted: Tue 13th May 2014, 7:49pm

At my club we use a "Setright" ticket machine - must be nearly 50 years old and still not converted to decimal currency. Kids love the old style ticket.

Peter Beevers

Topics: 3

Replies: 134

Posted: Tue 13th May 2014, 8:38pm

We use the Edmonson ticket printing company, here: http://www.railwaypeople.com/rail-directory-companies/edmondson-ticket-printing-company-ltd-18025.html
And you don't lose them from the middle if you look after them properly, and use a proper ticket rack. When new stocks arrive, our treasurer re-packages them into smaller (useable) bundles of (I think) about 100 tickets at a time. When re-filling the racks, we never split one of those packs, it all goes in at once. So we never lose any.

johndoyle

Posted: Thu 15th May 2014, 12:40pm

Thanks for the additional replies guys...nice to know what other people do.

We have decided to go back to the card tickets. Will just need to make sure we don't drop any!!

I do also have 2 old ex-Crossville setright machines we can use in an emergency; what is this currency you used before before decimal?

John Doyle
Halton Miniature Railway

rogerbrown

Replies: 35

Posted: Tue 27th May 2014, 10:14am

John
At East Herts we use paper tickets which are specially printed for us by a Company in Hull callled Benrose Booth

Regards

Roger Brown

Chairman and Trasurer

johndoyle

Posted: Wed 11th Jun 2014, 10:23am

Just to update, we are now using Edmondson card tickets from Peter Bell.

Our order arrived yesterday, and the quality is excellent.  The cost is just 2p per ticket.  We have gone for RED this time. 

I am sure these will be popular with passengers, and many will be kept as a souvenir of their visit

John Doyle
Halton Miniature Railway

Apologies for the quality of the picture - it was taken with a blackberry phone!
Just to update, we are now using Edmondson card tickets from Peter Bell.

Our order arrived yesterday, and the quality is excellent. The cost is just 2p per ticket. We have gone for RED this time.

I am sure these will be popular with passengers, and many will be kept as a souvenir of their visit

John Doyle
Halton Miniature Railway

Apologies for the quality of the picture - it was taken with a blackberry phone!

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot