Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Visiting with a loco

George Coles

Topics: 19

Replies: 90

Posted: Tue 12th Apr 2016, 8:20am
Visiting with a loco

Visiting with a loco
I've been looking through the "Events" section of the web-site regularly, in the hope of finding new tracks to visit with Fritz (WW1 Deutz Benzollok). Very few of the entries are invitations to run: the vast majority are publicity for public running days.
I would contact railways directly, but I cannot find a comprehensive list of club and other tracks, although I do have the Miniature Railway Magazine map.
Based in Northampton, my travels take me all over the country, with regular trips to Salisbury and Inverness, so distance is not a factor. I often travel at short notice, but Fritz lives in the van so is alwys with me.
Any help/offers would be appreciated.
George

Replies To This Post

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Tue 12th Apr 2016, 10:23am

George, I hope you've checked out our own website's list of clubs. Whilst far from complete, and that is down to members themselves making sure their club is listed, it is a useful resource for just what you are after.

Come on guys check if your club is on the list, if it isn't, it's YOUR job to put it there, don't expect someone else to do it, and do it now or it'll get forgotten again.

George Coles

Posted: Tue 12th Apr 2016, 11:44am

Bob, thanks - I thought you might be the first to respond.

I have checked the clubs list, but - short of going through each one's web-site (where they have one) it is not easy to see if a particular club is amenable to entertaining visiting locos, especially at short notice.

As you have written above: come on guys, get your club listed, and put your invitations on the events listing, please (assuming you have open/visitor days, or are prepared to welcome visitors at other times.)

Thanks, George

Xz

Topics: 17

Replies: 244

Posted: Tue 12th Apr 2016, 4:13pm

George, I would add that you are welcome to play at Woodseaves M.R.(nr Market Drayton) just give Bill Haywood (he's on the list), a ring and he'll be only too pleased to make the arrangements (i.e. get the kettle on).

George Coles

Posted: Wed 13th Apr 2016, 6:32am

Bob, thanks, I'll do that

PeteW

Topics: 0

Replies: 21

Posted: Wed 13th Apr 2016, 8:48am

Newport in South Wales has running on the first Saturday of the month.

www.newportmes.co.uk

Pete.

ivanhewlett

Topics: 8

Replies: 53

Posted: Wed 13th Apr 2016, 9:34am

Hi George
I think it is great that Fritz gets about so much and there is nothing like experiencing different lines from a drivers perspective - well done.
It would be great to see Fritz, and the railbus, in operation at Riverside Miniature Railway sometime - the only drawback.....well the railway doesn't exist yet, but watch this space. You are more than welcome, as are other members once it is up and running.
However St.Neots is not too far from Northampton and if you wanted to pop over on Saturday afternoon to see what is planned for the new line you would be very welcome.

Cheers - and enjoy lots of running in 2016 - Ivan.
Hi George
I think it is great that Fritz gets about so much and there is nothing like experiencing different lines from a drivers perspective - well done.
It would be great to see Fritz, and the railbus, in operation at Riverside Miniature Railway sometime - the only drawback.....well the railway doesn't exist yet, but watch this space. You are more than welcome, as are other members once it is up and running.
However St.Neots is not too far from Northampton and if you wanted to pop over on Saturday afternoon to see what is planned for the new line you would be very welcome.

Cheers - and enjoy lots of running in 2016 - Ivan.

George Coles

Posted: Wed 13th Apr 2016, 10:31am

PeteW, thanks - that's the sort of info for which I was looking. Hopefully, I'll be able to build a list in due course, and visit as many as I can!

Ivan, thanks for the invite. I had seen your other message re Riverside Miniature Railway. Unfortunately, I can't make it to your open day this Saturday, but I hope it goes well and your plans become reality.

George

MartynRedfearn

Topics: 16

Replies: 107

Posted: Fri 15th Apr 2016, 10:19am

George we are normally at Ravensprings Park, Brighouse and Halifax ME,on Wednesdays and Sunday's from 1000 to about 1600. You are more than happy to call and have a play and Fritz can finally meet Tin Turtle. You should have my contact details but they are in the Address Book. Martyn

George Coles

Posted: Fri 15th Apr 2016, 6:56pm

Martyn. Thanks. I do of course have your contact details!
Fritz would love to visit Ravensprings Park. We'll be in touch. George

johndoyle

Topics: 6

Replies: 21

Posted: Tue 19th Apr 2016, 7:42pm

I think most club railways would welcome you to visit; it is not necessary to wait to be invited by the club you could approach the club and ask.

EJParrott

Topics: 2

Replies: 19

Posted: Wed 20th Apr 2016, 11:19pm

You'd be welcome at Rugby again, this year's open invite weekend is June 4th/5th

George Coles

Posted: Thu 21st Apr 2016, 7:20am

Thanks. We had thought that we would be working that weekend, but (happily) it looks as though our services will not be required. We loved your great railway last year - a real "driver's railway." The next phase of the extensions can only make it even better.
Best wishes,
George
Thanks. We had thought that we would be working that weekend, but (happily) it looks as though our services will not be required. We loved your great railway last year - a real "driver's railway." The next phase of the extensions can only make it even better.
Best wishes,
George

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot