« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Walsall Arboretum Steam Railway

georgecoles

Topics: 19

Replies: 90

Posted: Sun 3rd Jul 2011, 7:07pm
Walsall Arboretum Steam Railway

Do you have any memories/pics to share of the 7&quarter line at Walsall Arboretum? There is a small website recording this now vanished railway at www.freewebs.com/walsallsteamrailway. Anything you can add would be appreciated. Please send details to the website or to me at coles290@btinternet.com. Where did all the stock go; where is it now?

Replies To This Post

frankcooper

Topics: 9

Replies: 58

Posted: Sun 3rd Jul 2011, 7:11pm

Suggest you contact Colin Cartwright at Conway Valley Railway Betws y Coed as he used to own Walsall Arboretum Railway.

Frank Cooper

malcolmcarroll

Topics: 0

Replies: 21

Posted: Mon 4th Jul 2011, 11:20am

Wasn't there an A5 booklet on the railway, which included photographs and a history? If so, Colin would surely have a copy. I think I may have a copy somewhere, and will look for it as soon as possible.

Malcolm
SW France

georgecoles

Topics: 19

Replies: 90

Posted: Mon 4th Jul 2011, 12:33pm

Thanks guys. What we're really looking for is follow-up info. As I said in my posting, where is the stock now?
We'll keep looking. Thanks again, George

frankcooper

Topics: 9

Replies: 58

Posted: Mon 4th Jul 2011, 2:56pm

I am sure Colin knows where his stock is or went.

Frank Cooper

garethtyso

Topics: 0

Replies: 2

Posted: Tue 12th Jul 2011, 6:27pm

I bought Evening Star from Colin Cartwright many years ago, and started rebuilding it. I had a new boiler built by John Ellis and many Jim Vass fittings. However, I felt that I did not have the time to complete it, and it is now owned by Pete Lawson.
I have a copy of the book on the Walsall Arboretum Railway which you may borrow if Colin does not have one you can keep.
My Duchess did its running in on the railway.
Garry Tyso.

« Back to Miscellaneous Topics Topics

Web design by Slingshot