« Back to Track, Signals and Infrastructure Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

steel bar track points

Laftec

Topics: 3

Replies: 4

Posted: Wed 23rd Sep 2015, 10:48am
steel bar track points

Is anyone using 20 * 10mm steel bar for tracks and are looking for a "Y" set of points ?

Replies To This Post

yobba

Topics: 2

Replies: 5

Posted: Sun 20th Dec 2015, 9:41pm

I'm just setting up using 20*10 - do I understand you have a set of points you don't need?

MartynRedfearn

Topics: 16

Replies: 107

Posted: Mon 21st Dec 2015, 2:24pm

You may wish to purchase Colin Edmondson's book on the subject. His contact details will be in the address book or you can find him on Facebook.

Laftec

Topics: 3

Replies: 4

Posted: Tue 22nd Dec 2015, 3:16pm

I use 20 * 10 flat bar for my railway and have made all my own points in this material to a number of different radii and shapes. I see that you'; 'Yonna'; wish to obtain a set of points for your new railway. The spare one I have at the moment may now be used in creating my track into a figure eight. However, it depends on what shape, radius and handing you need. If you would like to let me have a drawing giving this information by email to me personally, I would be pleased to give a price to make you points to suit complete with fishtail connectors.

yobba

Topics: 2

Replies: 5

Posted: Tue 22nd Dec 2015, 7:22pm

Thanks for response Laftec. I'll be laying track next spring so I may come back to you. But I am also planning to take a look at Colin Edmondson's book too!

« Back to Track, Signals and Infrastructure Topics

Web design by Slingshot