« Back to Track, Signals and Infrastructure Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

CROSSING

HauteSaoneFrance

Topics: 27

Replies: 91

Posted: Tue 21st Jan 2014, 7:43pm
CROSSING

I'm idly planning my proposed track layout and am interested to know if it's possible to incorporate a 90 degree crossing of a straight length of track? I'm planning a straight length of track running alongside a steep embankment but wish to cross this at right angles from another part of the circuit to access an 'Engine Shed' cut back into the bank

Replies To This Post

rogerbrown

Topics: 6

Replies: 35

Posted: Tue 21st Jan 2014, 10:25pm

I can not see any reason why not, as we have a diamond crossing and there are plenty of those out there. So as long the track geometry has been set up correctly and if you are planning to have more than one train out at any one time that are good sight lines to see in all directions or you have some form of signalling protection for safety, then why not.

Regards

Roger

Mick

Topics: 7

Replies: 114

Posted: Wed 22nd Jan 2014, 8:06am

90 degree or angled, all crossings are do-able and useful. Here is a simple almost 90 degree crossing on the Beer Heights Light Railway - cropped from a photo I took at the 2012 loco week.
90 degree or angled, all crossings are do-able and useful. Here is a simple almost 90 degree crossing on the Beer Heights Light Railway - cropped from a photo I took at the 2012 loco week.

George

Topics: 0

Replies: 20

Posted: Wed 22nd Jan 2014, 11:56am

It can make a nice sound to.
Regards George

« Back to Track, Signals and Infrastructure Topics

Web design by Slingshot