« Back to Track, Signals and Infrastructure Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

Lever frames

davidmawdsley

Topics: 1

Replies: 7

Posted: Sat 18th Feb 2017, 10:26pm
Lever frames

There is a long term plan to install a 28 lever frame at the main station at Hemsby, based on Westinghouse miniature power frame, but mechanically interlocked (tappets and locking bars). In the absence of any ready available, this will be designed/constructed from scratch. If any other railway is contemplating a similar installation, it might be worth working together to increase the component quantity and hence reduce unit cost. This frame could be used for either pneumatic or electrical operation of points/signals and will feature automatic return of any signal lever to normal position once track circuits indicate train has passed.

Replies To This Post

Chris B

Topics: 0

Replies: 6

Posted: Mon 20th Feb 2017, 9:15am

Nottingham SME have a design for a lever frame made from laser cut components. We at Lincoln MES have had two lots from them to a slightly modified design which allowed us to incorporate a mechanical interlocking tray below the frame.
Nottingham SME have a design for a lever frame made from laser cut components. We at Lincoln MES have had two lots from them to a slightly modified design which allowed us to incorporate a mechanical interlocking tray below the frame.

brianbaker

Replies: 5

Posted: Wed 22nd Feb 2017, 8:21am

Hi Chris, thanks for your response to my & David's enquiry.
I have emailed the Sec of Nottingham, but no response yet.
Do you have contact details for John?
You can email me.
Regards
Brian Baker
Parklands Railway, Hemsby

davidmawdsley

Replies: 7

Posted: Mon 27th Feb 2017, 10:18pm

Hi Chris. Thanks for the photo, nice looking frame! However, there is no indication of scale. Can you give me an idea of the pitch between levers. This would enable me to gain an overall feeling for the size.
Thanks
David

Chris B

Posted: Tue 28th Feb 2017, 10:42am

Hi David, I will have to check when I go to the club next. I have been through my emails but can't find anything from back then(2010/11). From memory the levers are cut from 6mm plate and possibly stick out of the frame by about 120mm.

Chris B

Posted: Thu 2nd Mar 2017, 1:19pm

The levers are 130mm out of frame with a 30mm pitch

Chris B

Posted: Thu 2nd Mar 2017, 1:52pm