Sign In above to begin adding replies.

rail bending

timrice

Topics: 1

Replies: 2

Posted: Mon 20th Feb 2012, 4:50pm
rail bending

hello everyone
im trying to get two rails bent both alluminium 32mm high i cant find a rail bender on the market that will accomendate this rail is there any one in the local area (essex) that has a working bender!:) or does anyone offer a service or know where i can get one? other wise il have to make one.
many thanks for your time

Replies To This Post

billhaywood

Topics: 17

Replies: 30

Posted: Mon 20th Feb 2012, 9:01pm

Hi Tim,
Cromar White on Anglsey have rail benders to the size you mention.
www.cromarwhite.co.uk

Bill

timrice

Posted: Tue 21st Feb 2012, 11:26am

ahh so they do many thanks for that much appriciated
cheers bill

slipped eccentric

Topics: 0

Posted: Mon 2nd Apr 2012, 7:47pm

Dear Tim, I have a rail bender that might suit your requirements. Depending upon whereabouts in Essex you are I may be able to assist. This bender will bend rail about 35mmm high. Depends upon the profile of your rail.It might fit your profile. Rollers could be made to suit your track at a push. I use it on a railway presently under construction using aluminium track. It will bend any radius you require. Location Brentwood. It's heavy!! Regards Roy O'Neill Give me a ring.

timrice

Posted: Tue 3rd Apr 2012, 6:07pm

ahh thanks for the offer. for now i have solved my initial problem but il sure keep you in mind for the future im over at the east anglian railway museum near colchester so not that far really. thanks for the interest and offer cheers

« Back to Track, Signals and Infrastructure Topics

Web design by Slingshot