« Back to Track, Signals and Infrastructure Topics

Sign In above to begin adding replies.

supply of steel rail

rogerbrown

Topics: 6

Replies: 35

Posted: Tue 15th Mar 2011, 10:20pm
supply of steel rail

Does any one know any other suplliers of steel rail appart from the Miniature Railway Supply Co or Cromer White. We will be looking for around 4 to 5 tons of 3kg steel rail.

Thanks

Roger Brown

Replies To This Post

rogerhardwick

Topics: 0

Replies: 1

Posted: Thu 17th Mar 2011, 10:29am

Hi Roger
I'm a member of Surrey SME & we are about to construct an extension [2011-13]. Our current plan is to have rolled 10 tone x 3kg/mt rail as there is none available - even in Europe, the large sections have a flat rail head.
What is your time frame?
regards
Roger Hardwick member 03002

rogerbrown

Topics: 6

Replies: 35

Posted: Wed 23rd Mar 2011, 7:24pm

Roger, hopefully we will be looking at a similar time frame as you, subject to our landlords agreeing our suggested route and then sorting out any planning permissions that we may need. I have spoken to Jeff Price today and he has 3kg rail in stock and is charging aoround £1900 per 1000kg plus vat which works out at around £2280. However if you purchase rail through Jeff, it is normally supplied only with appropriate quantities of Fishplates, Fishbolts and nuts. So I would be interseted to know what sort of price have been quoted. If you would like to respond off forum just in case please e-mail me at info@ehmr.org.uk. I also promise only to disclose the information amongst my fellow committe members.

Regards

Roger Brown member 1066

« Back to Track, Signals and Infrastructure Topics

Web design by Slingshot